Visitation FAQs

1.  How do I exercise my visitation rights if the custodial parent is denying me access to my child?

You may seek a court order defining your visitation rights.  Violation of this court order may result in the custodial parent being held in contempt of court.
2.  What is supervised visitation?
Supervised visitation means that the non-custodial parent may not spend time alone with the child.  It usually also means that the non-custodial parent may visit the child only at a particular time and in a particular place.
3.  Are visitation rights contingent on the payment of child support?
No. Visitation rights may not be denied to the non-custodial parent, even though the non-custodial parent is not paying child support.
4.  I haven’t seen my daughter in two years because my ex moved without letting me know her address and phone number.  How do I locate her?

You may submit a request by affidavit to O.C.S.E. which clearly states the reason for the information as requested and which sets out the unsuccessful attempts to acquire the information from other sources.

Links and Resources:

     Practice Areas:  

          Arkansas Child Custody Laws & Visitation